Saturday, August 28, 2010

My First Day Teaching

I woke up on my first day nervous and excited about my first day of teaching! On Monday morning I just stood at the front of the classroom and thought to myself.. wow, this is actually my classroom, my students, and I am the sole teacher in the room!  It was an awesome feeling. Its so great to finally do things the way I want to and to develop relationships with my students right from the beginning of the school year.

My students are very cute and very sweet! Apparently that doesn't always last too long, but I'll take it as long as I have it! They have too much trouble saying my whole name, Miss. Van Arragon, so I allow them to just call me Miss V. which I prefer anyway. Most of the time they just call me "Meese" (spanish way of saying "Miss") anyway!

My first week went fairly well all considering. Because the week prior was mostly setting up my classroom and orientation, I had little chance to plan good lessons. Thankfully I have been blessed with three returning teachers in my Grade 2 teaching team and they have been a wonderful support to me! I am so thankful for them!

I am so excited for the year ahead and to see what God has in store for me and the students I teach. Please pray that  the Lord will give me strength and wisdom as there are sure to be many challenges along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment